ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Albany Golf Club
500 Church Avenue, Albany, MN 56307
The Albany Golf Club, seeks a personable, motivated and reliable Assistant General Manager to work with the General Manager. The assistant General Manager will help oversee all daily operations of the Clubhouse and staff functions relating to function banquets, member and non-member events, golf course operations, restaurant/bar operations, pro shop and driving range.
The Assistant General Manager will aide in hiring and training other team members. They will also assist in making sure the team adheres to company policies, resolving customer complaints, leading the team, organizing the team schedule, taking inventory and placing orders for product with vendors. The Assistant GM will also be required to perform all job duties at the AGC when needed, including cooking and food preparation, bartending, cleaning, etc.
The Assistant General Manager will act as the General Manager in the absence of the General Manager. The ideal candidate must have an absolute commitment to provide the highest quality of service to all members and event clientele. This individual will work as an integral part of the management team under the direction of the General Manager and Board of Directors.
Assistant Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure company policies are followed.
- Optimizing profits by controlling costs.
- Aiding in the hiring, training and development of new employees.
- Resolving customer issues to their overall satisfaction.
- Providing leadership and direction to all employees. Ability to communicate job requirements and expectations to a diverse staff and positively motivate them to understand and execute to those expectations.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays. Must be able to open and close the clubhouse, when needed.
- Ensure product quality and availability.
- Help run and keep up to date course website and social media accounts.
- Flexibility to perform any job in whatever capacity as requested by the GM that may be necessary for smooth operations of the club. This includes food preparation and cooking.
- Overseeing food, beverage and liquor inventory.
- Be a key component in the training in of new staff in the kitchen, restaurant, behind the bar, in pro shop.
- Assisting customers whenever necessary.
- Organizing employee schedule and making sure proper staffing needs are met for day to day operations, as well as events.
- Ensuring that health, safety, and security rules are followed.
- Ensuring a consistent high standard of customer service is met. The ability to know how to make members and event clients feel they are consistently taken care of, while enforcing AGC policies.
- Maintaining Clubhouse and driving range to standards, including stocking and cleaning.
- Completing tasks assigned by the General Manager accurately and efficiently.
Assistant Manager Requirements:
- High School or equivalent education level.
- Trustworthy with a stable work history.
- Ability to do all jobs that the AGC offers. This includes cooking/grilling and food preparation, bartending, waiting, pro shop, beverage cart and picking the range.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development.
- Must have the ability to work alone when required.
- Be a team player.
- An in-depth knowledge of wine, beer and liquor.
- Be dedicated to customer satisfaction and a great customer experience.
- Experience with managing a team of employees.
- Help develop techniques to drive golf memberships, driving range usage, function and event bookings, and food and beverage revenue. Ensure member and event clientele needs are consistently met and often exceeded.
No one Job description for any one position can possibly encompass all responsibilities which may be requested. The above Job Description is a summary of the major responsibilities of the position.
This is a seasonal, full-time, hourly position. Benefits include, free golf membership, free cart rental, discounted apparel and food, 401(k).